Did you know that starting in May 2021 Google is going to include Core Web Vitals in the factors it uses to determine a website’s ranking on its search engine?
We all know as bloggers and website owners that our website speed is essential to our success in gaining google traffic and ranking in search engines.
Because of the pandemic, 2020 would have been a bad time in history to do business but how about let’s fix all your website issues and take your business to a whole new level in 2021?
In order to win with your business you need to do well in the eyes of google where over 80% of your organic traffic is going to come from.
So, if your site isn’t doing well you need to boost your site speed and also fix your organic rankings. There are going to be the core web vitals that you must take into consideration to grow your business this year.
You may have no idea where to find all these core web vitals that I’m talking about, that’s why let me tell you that we have MonsterInsights a premium core plugin that’s going to give you every single insight related to your website that will help you increase website speed and also boost your google rankings.
All you need to do now is to fire up MonsterInsights and load up your website analytics to find out what you need to work on towards improving page speeds and other google vitals that’s going to affect your rankings.
So, let’s get into the Google’s core web vitals.
What Are Google's Core Web Vitals?
According to the latest update, Google’s core web vitals is the latest update they’re gonna push into the algorithm.
If you take a look at what the core web vitals are they are the following:
- Users experience
- The speed
- Visual stability of a page
- Intrusive interstitial guidelines
How To Boost Your Website Speed?
The best way I’d say to boost your website speed would be to do the following:
- Enable compression.
- Reduce redirects.
- Leverage browser caching.
- Improve server response time.
- Use a content distribution network.
- Optimize images.
How To Improve Google Page Rankings?
The best way to improve your google page rankings is the following:
- Publish Relevant Content. Quality content is the number one driver of your search engine rankings and there is no substitute for great content. Create regular and frequent content so Google knows your site isn’t dead yet!
- Update Your Content Regularly. Old content means trash. It means nothing to the reader. People want regular content that is new and fresh. Update the old ones and add new ones to the mix.
- Metadata. Add a metadata so that your content is indexed and starts ranking for the relevant keywords you want to rank for.
- Have a link-worthy site. Start acquiring backlinks to build out your backlink portfolio. This means other websites link back to your website saying your website has worthy enough content that others should check out.
- Use alt tags. Use keywords to the images you’re using through your page or blog post. There is an alt section when you upload the image to your website. Add that relevant keyword there and update it.
Improve Core Web Vitals With Speed Reports
By now you’ve come to know that the core web vitals have got to do with the speed of your website or page.
In order to create an exceptional experience with a website that loads quickly you need to find out where you can get all this core web vital speed reports that will help you know where it’s standing now to where it should be.
A fast loading website with a great user experience will be able to allow anyone to spend more time on the website and also if there are anything you have like a lead magnet or a product for purchase, it’ll convert better into paying customers.
So if you fix these web vitals asap, you’ll begin to see improvements in your google rankings. These updates are coming May 2021 and it’s not too late to fix them now so that you can take advantage of it when it’s there and capitalize on that update.
Google is going to take this into careful consideration when this algorithm update is going to be launched. You can fix your website site, responsiveness and other things that load like images, etc.
With the help of that report you’ll easily be able to see all your score, your pages, and every single thing with a metric against it. It’s high time you fixed it for both mobile and desktop experience.
You might have already written a lot of blog posts so you can measure the traffic against the past year and this year. This will help you find out ways you can bring in more visitors and also find out where you can monetize that traffic.
If you’re into eCommerce, you can still be able to check how much revenue you’ve made and product sold and start getting a better insights as to what’s worked and how you can improve upon it.
Bottom line is, you need to fix your web vitals. The update is coming in May 2021 and you can fix them so that your website page speeds and user experience is faster.
This will allow you to get more search traffic and convert more site visitors into leads or sales.
Overall you need to practice the foundational SEO practices to boost your website speed and improve your google page rankings.
This update can give you how you’ve performed so far and how you’re going to perform post the algorithm update.
So, to see your page speed insights use MonserInsights Plugin to see your page speed repots and start working on what’s broken or what needs to improve.
Click here to get started with MonsterInsights today! It’s the premium analytics plugin for WordPress websites.