In this article we’ll go over how to create a signature form in 3 simple steps.
A Signature Form is an electronic signature that you can use to manage service agreements in WordPress as digital signatures.
Just because you have these signature form or electronic signatures, you will be able to create a contract agreement within your WordPress website without having to print, scan and fax it. How cool is that?
Digital Signatures can help if you’re providing any kind of service to a client where you need signatures on a document and instead of sending all the physical materials, you can use digitally signed agreements to agree on the projects or contract.
Now let me tell you how creating a digital signature service agreement can benefit both you and your clients:
- Easier for clients to sign your contract: So with the help of WPForms, you can actually allow clients to sign documents and service agreements with the help of their mouse or even their touch screen.
- Becomes more convenient for you: You don’t have to send emails back and forth to get a document signed. This actually saves time since it’s electronic or digital in nature.
- Allows you to close deals faster: Since you can close more deals in a shorter period of time, these signed service agreement forms can lead to faster business growth.
Before You Create A Signature Form On A Services Agreement.
Here’s something you should know before you think of creating a service agreement.
Most businesses shy away from a lawyer when it comes to creating a service agreement.
By doing this you can save on some legal fees and doing all the legal writing yourself from the information that’s available online.
But, when you create a service agreement, you’re probably making a huge business decision. And a lawyer can make sure that the agreement is written correctly, so you are sure to avoid legal issues down the line.
Here’s what a typical service agreement will usually contain:
- It specifies the terms of service and payment agreement.
- It asks for the client details including physical addresses and phone numbers.
- Requires the signature of the client.
If you want an idea of what a service agreement for your business might look like, you can look at this sample agreement. This sample service agreement for a small cleaning business isn’t for your business, but it just gives you an idea of what a service agreement should include.
Now that we’ve covered the details about service agreement, let’s see how you can create that signature form or electronic signature right within your WordPress website using WPForms.
Table of Contents
Now lets actually learn the steps how to create a signature form in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Create Your Signature Form.
Creating a Signature Form is the most important step.
Before you are ready to accept digital signatures on your site, the first thing you’ll need to do is install and activate the WPForms plugin.
In order to install a plugin go to your WordPress Dashboard, look for plugins on the left panel, Plugins -> Add New.
Now you can upload this plugin.
One thing you need to also do is you need to install the Signature Addon so that people who are going to use it can submit digital signatures right within your WordPress website as a part of the agreement.
You can learn how to install and use the Signature Addon here. (Article Coming Soon).
Once you’re done installing the plugin and the Signature Addon, you have to create an online form.
Here’s a tutorial on how to create a simple contact form with WPForms. (Article Coming Soon).
For today’s example, let’s use a Blank Form template so that we can create a WordPress contract agreement form together from scratch, as you follow along.
To create a form, click on Add New.
Then name the form and select Blank Form.
After that, once you’re in the Form Editor, you’ll have to scroll down under the Fancy Fields section to find the Signature field .
Now, when you click it, it adds it to the form you just selected, or you can drag and drop it where you want to and then place it on the field.
Now if you want to make changes to the Signature form field, you can just click on it.
One more thing – Make sure to set that field as Required so that people using it won’t be able to submit the form unless they add a signature to the form.
Once you’re done, you can click on the Save button in the top-right corner.
Step 2: Configure Your Form's Settings.
Our next is to actually configure the form’s settings before we add our signature form to the services agreement form.
So let’s go to settings as shown below.
There are so many settings you can configure inside your WordPress form:
- General Settings: Under general settings you can change things like the form’s name, description, and submit button name. You can also enable additional spam prevention features/setting to keep your website secure from unwanted form submissions that can spam your websites with unwanted information.
- Form Confirmations: Under Form confirmations settings, these are messages that actually display to the website visitors after they submit the service agreement form on the website. Basically WPForms has 3 confirmation types that you can choose from: Message, Show Page, and Redirect. You can choose any one of them or a combination of all the 3 types.
- Form Notifications: Under Form Notifications, you have the ability to automatically send an email whenever someone submits a form on the website. And you’ll get a notification email automatically once a form is submitted.
If you’re deciding to add a Subscribe checkbox to your service agreement form, then you have to connect it to your email marketing tool.
WPForms actually offers integration with the following email service providers:
Now you can click the Save button to make sure you’ve saved the changes to your form’s settings.
Step 3: Create and Publish Your Service Agreement Once You've Added The Signature Form.
Now our final step is to add the service agreement to your WordPress page where you want your client to complete the signature and fill the form.
So, you’ll have to go to Pages -> Add New to create a new page.
Let’s name that page as Service Agreement and add the agreement text that you want to display on that page.
In order to add the service agreement form, you will have to copy and paste the form code on the page you want it to display if you’re using the classic page editor.
If you’re using the Gutenberg mode: Click on the Add Block (+) icon.
Now you can search for the WPForms block using the search box and click on it.
Next, you’ll have to select that service agreement form from the dropdown box to add it to that page.
Finally, you need to click on the Publish button so that the service agreement appears on your website.
Now, I’m glad you learned how to create a signature form in 3 simple steps.
I hope you can now use them and start collecting digital signatures from your clients and make life easier.
Just by Installing a signature addon from WPForms, you’ll have saved so much headache, frustration of running up and down or even choosing to physically mail the services agreement before you take on any project from a client.
Hope this has been helpful. Click here to grab WPForms to make life easier.