If you are looking to learn how to set up social media accounts for a business then you’re in the right place.
Social Media is how businesses are growing these days. All your customers, readers, fans and everyone are spending almost half of their day on social media.
If you can create content that’s relevant to your audience on social media, you’ll more likely to grow a following and also be able to grow as a business.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a blogger, consultant, author, small business owner, etc. All you need to know is how to create content for social media platforms. (New Blog Post Coming Soon).
Table of Contents
Top Social Media Platforms & Audience Demographics.
Let’s talk about the top 7 social media accounts that you can utilize to build your blog or your business today.
- 74% of American Facebook users are on the site daily.
- 83% of women and 75% of men use Facebook.
- 45% of all US adults get news from Facebook.
- 500 new users sign up for Facebook every single minute.
- For 67% of marketers, Facebook is the most important social platform.
- More than 270 million profiles on Facebook are fake.
- Facebook got its one millionth registered user in December 2004.
- Facebook ad spend increases between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- 93% of social media advertisers use Facebook Ads.
- Instagram has one billion users.
- 500 million Instagram users are active daily.
- 400 million people use Instagram Stories each day.
- Over half of Instagram’s user base is under 34.
- 72% of 13–17-year-olds are on Instagram.
- 39% of women use Instagram, compared to 30% of men.
- Over 80% of Instagram users live outside the US.
- 60% of people earning $100K or more are on Instagram.
- 72% of users have bought something they saw on the app.
- Twitter had 330mln monthly active users in Q1 2019, up 9mln from Q4 2018.
- About 500mln people access Twitter every month without logging into an account.
- Gen Zers are more likely to be using Twitter in the US than people from other age groups.
- 40% of Twitter users report purchasing something after seeing it on the platform.
- 93% of people following SMBs on Twitter plan to purchase from them.
- 71% of B2B technology marketers consider Twitter their top platform for a product launch.
- There are 2bn video views on Twitter each day.
- Nearly a quarter of all verified accounts on Twitter belong to journalists.
- Pinterest has 265 million monthly active users.
- Pinterest added more US users in 2017-2018 than Facebook and Twitter combined.
- Pinterest drives 33% more traffic to shopping sites than Facebook.
- 50% of new Pinterest sign-ups in 2018 were men.
- 80% of new Pinterest sign-ups in 2017-2018 were from outside the US.
- 98% of Pinners try out the ideas they discover on the platform.
- Two-thirds of Pinterest pins represent brands and products.
- Advertising on Pinterest earns a $2 profit for every $1 spent.
- YouTube has 1.9 billion monthly active users worldwide.
- 62% of YouTube’s users are male.
- YouTube is available in 80 languages across local versions in 91 countries.
- YouTube has 225M monthly active users in India on mobile phones alone.
- In the US, YouTube is used by 96% of the users in the 18-24 age group.
- YouTube reaches more US adults in the 18-49 group than any cable network does.
- Baby Boomers and Gen X-ers are the fastest-growing user segment on YouTube.
- LinkedIn currently has over 610 million members.
- The network has 303 million active monthly users, 40% of which visit the site daily.
- 90 million senior-level influencers and 63 million decision makers use LinkedIn.
- 92% of Fortune 500 companies use LinkedIn.
- 57% of companies had a LinkedIn company page in 2013.
- 46% percent of the social media traffic to B2B company sites is from LinkedIn.
- 97% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as a content distribution channel.
- Only 3 million LinkedIn users share content every week.
- In 2016, LinkedIn users published 130,000 posts monthly.
- LinkedIn is responsible for 80% of B2B leads from social media.
- TikTok hit the market in September 2017.
- TikTok has been downloaded more than 1.5 billion times.
- TikTok has 500 million active monthly users.
- The average user spends 52 minutes per day on TikTok.
- 90% of users access TikTok at least once a day.
- The 50 most popular users on TikTok have almost 500 million followers.
- Just 4% of marketers use TikTok.
- TikTok influencers that have 2.5 million followers charge up to $800 per post.
Now that you’ve gotten an idea about the different platforms, it’s time you learn how to set up all the social media accounts for business.
How To Set Up A Facebook Page For Your Business.
In order to set up a Facebook Page for your business, you need to actually have a personal account already on Facebook.
If you don’t have a personal account, you can learn how to set up an account by clicking here.
Once you have your Facebook account created, you need to navigate to top menu bar.
Now, you need to click on Create on the menu bar. This will open up some options like the ones below.
Now in order to create a page, you need to click on Page. This will show up another two options like the ones below.
Now you can choose to create a brand or a public figure. Since we’re creating a Facebook page, you can click on business or brand.
Next, you need to enter the name of your business or brand and the category it falls into. As you keep typing the category into the section, you’ll see a list of options that are available. Choose the one that’s closest to your brand and business.
After entering the name of your business or brand, you need to click on Continue. button.
You’ll then be taken to another page where you’re be presented with the following:
Next you’ll have to also add a cover picture for your Facebook page. You can create both of them from Canva.
And then you will be taken directly to your Facebook Page that’s been created for your business or brand.
You can go ahead and fill all the other details like:
– Working Hours.
– Phone Number.
Likewise, there may be other things you can explore. So go ahead and fill them all. When you’re done doing that, you’ll have your Facebook page ready for your business.
How To Set Up An Instagram Account For Your Business.
You can choose to sign up with your Facebook account also.
You also download the App from the App Store or Google Play based on the phone that you have.
Next, once you’ve gotten inside, you’ll be asked to update a profile picture.
So if you have a brand or business photo, you can update it.
If not, you can always take a look at Canva.
It allows you create unlimited designs for all social media platforms.
How To Set Up A Twitter Account For Your Business.
In order to create a new Twitter account for your business you need to click on the following link:
Once you click on the above link, you’ll see a pop up which asks for the following questions.
In the next step, you’ll be asked to choose whether you want to customize the experience.
And then you’ll be presented with the last step to create your Twitter account.
Once you enter your business name and business email, you can then click on Sign Up.
Then you can create your complete twitter account.
You’ll have to upload your Profile Photo & Cover Photo.
You can create both of them for your business at Canva.
You can also enter the following:
– Business Name.
– Business URL (website).
There will be other things you can choose to fill or leave it out.
Now your twitter account is ready.
How To Set Up A Pinterest Account For Your Business.
In order to create a Pinterest account, you need to go the following URL.
Once you click on that URL, you will see the following page show up.
You’ll then be presented with this page. You’ll have to choose a business account.
Click on Create a Business Account. Then you’ll be presented with the following sign up page.
Now that your account is created, you can start to create boards and start pinning your boards with the right content.
In order to design Pins, you can always use Canva.
It has a lot of templates for Pins that works really well.
You can then write blog posts and use those pins to link back to your blog posts. This will send traffic to your blog posts.
How To Set Up A YouTube Account For Your Business.
Creating A YouTube Account is super easy.
In fact I’ve written a super indepth article on how to create YouTube Channel for your business.
Click here to read that article, as it illustrates how to do that with step by step instructions.
And because that tutorial is already there, I won’t be explaining how to set up a YouTube Channel.
That blog post has the entire tutorial for you, which you can refer anytime.
How To Set Up A LinkedIn Account For Your Business.
In order to create a LinkedIn account you need to visit the following URL.
Once you click the link above, you’ll see the following page open up.
Once you click on Join Now on the top of the page, you’ll be presented with the following page.
Once your personal account is created, you will be taken to the main page of LinkedIn. Now you need to do something Important on the menu bar.
You will need to click on Work, there’s a arrow below that. Click on that and the following pop-up pops on the screen corner.
Once you click on Create a Company Page, you’ll be taken to a page, where you need to enter all the information about your business.
Clicking on that would take you to the next page where you’ll be asked all the information about your business.
How To Set Up A TikTok Account For Your Business.
In order to create TikTok account, you’ll have to visit the Official website.
Here’s how their website looks like.
Let’s scroll to the bottom of the site, to get the link to download TikTok App.
You can also go on Google Play or App Store to download TikTok App.
Once you get inside TikTok, it’s much easier to create an account.
You’ll be asked to create:
– A Username.
– Choose A Photo.
– You’ll be asked to verify a mobile number.
There are other additional settings that you can explore while creating a Tiktok account for your business or brand.
People get on Tiktok to make videos, so if you make videos you can share them on Tiktok and allow more and more people to follow your brand.
This way you’ll have an account ready. Now you can create more and more content to grow your account there.
In conclusion, it’s much easier to set up social media accounts for your business or brand.
If you didn’t know how to go about it, I’m sure this tutorial helped you a lot.
Now, go ahead and set up your social media accounts as per this tutorial so you can start posting content there and grow an engaged audience.
To create content for all your social media channels, you need to sign up with Canva – a free graphic design software that allows you to create social media graphics with ease. Lot of cool templates are there.
That’s all for this tutorial on how to set up social media accounts for a business.
I hope this was helpful to you. Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions.